After AgilityToday, AgileVirgin presents Agile-A-Thon
What is Agile-a-thon ?
Agile-A-Thon is a 8 sprints (each of timebox 1 week) long Learning, Contesting and Winning Marathon for Agilists around the world
This Learning Marathon will build your muscles to step into Agile Coaching and Consulting world, and even if not to build muscles, just run for fun with serious Agilists and maybe get a little extra in your life
Here are simple rules of the game:
- Contest registration started on 1st May 2019 ended on 30th May 2019.
- Contest Starts on 31st May 2019 and ends on 25th July 2019.
- All participants are requested to be in sync with their mail boxes for further details.
- A Participants-Only whatsapp group is created so that everyone can get all announcements. Link to join Whatsapp group will be mailed Participants over your registered email id. DO NOT SHARE WHATSAPP GROUP URL IT WITH ANYBODY, IT’S ONLY FOR PARTICIPANTS.
- There will be total 8 Sprints in Agile-A-Thon.
- First 7 Sprints will be for Weekly Agile-A-thon, where participants are presented with a Sprint Goal - A problem Statement.
- Participants will submit back solutions for each Sprint’s goal.
- Every Sprint, till 7th Sprint, will have a Sprint WINNER, who will be awarded.
- 8th Sprint will be used to assess and decide Over all Agile-A-Thon WINNER
- Final Winner will be announced on or before 26th June 2019.
Timebox per Sprint:
1 Week (7 Days), starting from Friday and ending on Thursday.
|#||Days of Sprint||Goal of each Day|
|1||Day-1 (Friday)||Sprint Goal Announcement:
For each Sprint, there will be a Goal, a ‘Problem Statement’ OR a Question. It will be shared on the website as well as announced to Participants-Only Whatsapp group by 9 AM IST.
|2||Day-1 (Friday) to Day-4 (Monday)||Solution Preparation:
This 4 days timebox is given to Participants for preparing a Solution/Answer to the Sprint Goal. It closes at 5 PM IST of Day-4.
|3||Day-4 (Monday)||Solution Submission:
On or before 5 PM of Day-4 (Monday), all Participants will have to submit Solution they prepared. After that, submissions will not be accepted. Note: Solution content book’s guidelines:
|4||Day-4 (Monday) Day-5 (Tuesday) & Day-6 (Wednesday)||Solution Assessment:
Judges will work on assessment of received papers/submissions.
|5||Day-7 (Thursday)||Result Announcement:
Result will be announced over the website, whatsapp group and other social media channels.Individual Participant Results will be saved to their Dashboard on Result days.
Note: Winning Criteria and categories:
|1||Sprint 1||31 May 2019 - 6 June 2019||Role of Manager (People) in an Agile Organisation.|
|2||Sprint 2||7 June 2019 - 14 June 2019||How Organizations can achieve Business Agility?|
|3||Sprint 3||14 June 2019 - 20 June 2019||Agile Contracts|
|4||Sprint 4||20 June 2019 - 27 June 2019||Backlog Management in Agile|
|5||Sprint 5||28 June 2019 - 4 July 2019||Agile Estimation and Planning at Program and Portfolio Level|
|6||Sprint 6||4 July 2019 - 11 July 2019||Probes for learning Fast and Small|
|7||Sprint 7||11 July 2019 - 18 July 2019||How as ScrumMaster you will resolve conflict?|
|8||Sprint 8||19 July 2019 - 25 July 2019||Yet to be announced|
|1||Sprint-1||Will be announced on 31 May|
|2||Sprint-2||Will be announced on 7 June|
|3||Sprint-3||Will be announced on 14 June|
|4||Sprint-4||Will be announced on 21 June|
|5||Sprint-5||Will be announced on 28 June|
|6||Sprint-6||Will be announced on 5 July|
|7||Sprint-7||Will be announced on 12 July|
|8||Sprint-8||Assess and Declare Winner on 26 July|